In a recent Active.com Facebook poll to its more than 220,000 social media fans, when asked why they would want to complete an Ironman, 66 percent of respondents answered “the journey.” Whatever your motivation, Active.com has highlighted its best training tips for first-time triathletes and Ironman competitors alike in these special sections:
Active.com’s Triathlon section features helpful racing strategies including:
- Three workouts to improve your run
- Six tips on how to develop fast transitions from Gale Bernhardt, Active.com expert and 2004 USA Triathlon Olympic Coach
- Advice on training as hard as you plan to race
Active.com’s Give it a Tri section features resources for new triathletes:
- Ten tips for success in your first triathlon from everyday triathletes
- Last minute preparation tips from professional triathlete, Katya Meyers
- Five “I can’t do a triathlon” myths busted
Active.com’s Facebook poll also revealed 59 percent of its fans are most afraid of the swim leg of an Ironman race. Active.com’s Ironblog section features swimming advice, training plans and behind-the-scenes video coverage from Kona. Other useful information includes:
- Useful feedback on how to get comfortable in open water
- Top five nutritional tips for race day provided by Dave Scott, six-time Ironman World Champion
- Four secrets to a successful Ironman race execution
For more information about this year’s Ford Ironman World Championship, also visit http://ironman.com/worldchampionship, the official Ford Ironman World Championship website. Additionally, Ironman enthusiasts can follow every stroke, spin and stride live on race day by visiting www.ironman.com and the 2010 Ford Ironman World Championship broadcast will air on NBC on Saturday, Dec. 18, from 4-6 p.m.
Active.com, a media property of The Active Network, Inc., is the leading online community for people who want to discover, learn about, share, register for and ultimately participate in activities about which they are passionate. Millions of active individuals visit Active.com each month to search and register online for races, team sports and recreational activities; interact with others who have similar interests; start online training programs; and access nutrition, fitness and training tips.
Dana McKeithen, The Active Network, Inc.
Dana.email@example.com or 858-964-3820