SAN DIEGO, Calif. — August 13, 2013 — Starting today, ACTIVE Network and its ACTIVE Access Developer Center are inviting developers and designers of every skill level to get creative, hack ACTIVE Network’s API, and compete for cash prizes and job opportunities. Individual or teams of up to four are able to register and access HACKTIVE rules and API at developer.active.com/hackathon_2013. The 24-hour HACKTIVE will focus on innovative ways of using technology to help get more people, more active. The event culminates with HACKTIVE participants pitching their hacks to technology leaders from Yahoo!, Aetna, Mashery and ACTIVE Network. Power Bar, Red Bull and local food trucks will keep hackers fueled during the 24-hour marathon event.
- College students, professional designers, and developers born to code, fueled by caffeine, and driven to innovate.
- “HACKTIVE” -- ACTIVE Network’s version of a traditional hackathon, designed to bring together developers, programmers and designers, to collaborate and build new software based on ACTIVE’s open data platform via APIs. Available ACTIVE Network APIs include: the Activity Search API, to build applications to distribute events and activities from the ACTIVE.com database; and Campground API, to build applications to promote and distribute campgrounds from the ReserveAmerica.com database.
- Registration Opens: August 13
- Registration Closes: September 20
- Event: Saturday, September 21 – Sunday, September 22
- Co-Merge: 330 A Street, San Diego, CA 92101
- Create ways to connect people with activities and promote a healthy lifestyle
- Meet technology executives and network with like-minded individuals
- Win cash prizes: First Place - $5,000; Second Place - $1,000; Third Place - $500
- Compete in three categories: General Public, Collegiate, ACTIVE Employees
- Neil Mansilla Director of Developer Platform & Partnerships, Mashery
- Erik Suhonen Head of Yahoo! Developer Network, Yahoo!
- Jesse Givens Head of Product for CarePass, Aetna
- Jon Belmonte Interim CEO, ACTIVE Network
About ACTIVE Network
ACTIVE Network is the leading provider of Activity and Participant Management™ solutions. Our technology platform makes managing and operating all types of activities, events and organizations smarter and more efficient. We power over 55,000 global customers and build leading vertical technology applications for the markets we serve. Our leading ACTIVE Works cloud platform scales with our customers, large and small. ACTIVE Network was founded in 1999, is headquartered in San Diego, California, and has offices worldwide. For more information, please visit: http://www.activenetwork.com.
© 2013 The Active Network, Inc. All rights reserved. ACTIVE.com, ActiveWorks, are registered trademarks of The Active Network, Inc. ACTIVE Network, Activity and Participant Management is a trademark of The Active Network, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Kathy Bricaud, ACTIVE Network
“Hactive” Event Contacts:
Jarred Doss, ACTIVE Network
Tiffany Humphries, ACTIVE Network