LA JOLLA, Calif. – December 3, 2001 – Active.com, the established web registration leader for participatory sports and recreation, has teamed up with TrainingBible.com to offer its audience of 115 million recreational athletes easy access to the industry’s most effective, interactive online training program for multisport coaches and athletes. Based on Joe Friel’s popular Training Bible books for cyclists and triathletes, TrainingBible.com is an easy-to-use, effective Web-based program that incorporates world class coaching principles from Friel’s team of Ultrafit coaches.
“Thousands of athletes worldwide are looking for effective tools to help them attain their goals in endurance sports. I look at TrainingBible.com as one of those tools," explained Kim Morrow, cycling coach and professional athlete, EliteFitCoach. “TrainingBible.com has streamlined our communication and provided me with up-to-date critical training data that is easily accessible via the Web. We no longer have to play ‘phone tag’ to get training updates. No matter where I am across the country, I can take care of my athletes."
Active.com fans can now access TrainingBible.com at www.active.com/trainingbible
Top system features include:
- Annual Training Plan – TrainingBible.com allows athletes to build Annual Training Plans and periodize their training to peak at specific events throughout the year.
- Workout Planner – Based on the goals and information entered in the Annual Training Plan, athletes can use the Workout Planner to choose from over 400 workouts and schedule each week of training.
- Daily Log – Athletes and coaches can record progress in a daily log that can be accessed from any computer with an Internet connection and a Web browser.
- Virtual Coach – The Virtual Coach functionality can be used to automate many of the decisions involved in creating Annual Training Plans and weekly workout schedules.
- Upload capabilities from heart monitors – Athletes can upload information quickly and easily for fast and accurate data entry.
- Responsive message boards – Friel and Ultrafit coaches answer all athlete training and racing questions. The team is responsive and knowledgeable. The boards are also a public source of information on a wide range of topics.
“There is nothing better than going in after a workout and logging in the details of my workout. I feel a sense of achievement when I can look back at my week and know that I’ve achieved my goals," added Karyn Austin, a member of a Chicago-based triathlete club started by coach Adam Zucco, another TrainingBible.com fan and avid triathlete. “During my first season using TrainingBible.com, I surpassed all my goals, completing my firsthalf-Ironman and winning my age-group at three races. With TrainingBible.com’s periodized schedule, things change enough so you avoid burnout and injuries. The site is also very user-friendly and I can login from anywhere I’m at. And now I can access this from Active.com while I’m online searching or registering for races."
Active.com is now offering a free, seven-day trial to TrainingBible.com. For more information about Training Bible, visit www.trainingbible.com.
The Active Network
The Active Network, Inc. is a leading provider of technology and marketing solutions for the participatory sports and recreation industry. The company’s network of online and offline properties, which includes Active.com (www.active.com), eteamz (www.eteamz.com), RecWare (www.recware.com) and The Active Sports Marketing Group, provide registration and data management tools, enterprise software systems, Web site development, advertising and sponsorship opportunities, and commerce and membership benefits. Located in La Jolla, California, The Active Network and its properties generate an estimated 50 million monthly page views, provide registration for more than 20,000 events and leagues worldwide, and deliver offline recreation management solutions to more than 1,000 park and recreation agencies in North America. For more information, visit www.theactivenetwork.comor call 1-888-543-7223.