LA JOLLA, Calif. – December 4, 2000 – The holiday season is here and that can only mean big meals and long shopping lines are sure to follow. If staying active over the holiday is a challenge, Active.com provides a solution. With the debut of its Winter Runderland (www.active.com/winter_runderland/), a consolidated winter activity web site, Active.com is offering sports enthusiasts quick and easy access to information and online registration for more than 200 local holiday events and activities nationwide.
The site provides access to December and January events taking place in hundreds of communities. While many of these events are runs and walks, there is something for everyone, including Jingle Bell Runs, Christmas Relays, tennis and golf tournaments, swim meets, speed skating and even snowshoeing. And many of these events are for a good cause, like the Jingle Bell Runs for Arthritis, a series of nationwide fundraiser runs for the Arthritis Organization.
“Whether you’re traveling or staying home during the holidays, the Winter Runderland web site provides one point of access for holiday events around the country,” said Tim Scott, senior vice president, Active.com.
Here’s a preview of holidays events:
- Reindeer Romp 5K (Winston-Salem, NC) Dec 9
- Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis (Denver, CO) Dec 10
- 23rd Annual Venice Marina Christmas Run (Santa Monica/Los Angeles, CA) Dec 16
- San Diego Youth Basketball Association 6th Annual Holiday Classic Dec 30
- Santa’s Best Disc-Cash (Brunswick, ME) Dec 29
- New Year’s Blast Off (Severna Park, MD) Jan 5
For more information, visit www.active.com/winter_runderland/ or call 888.543.7223.