SACRAMENTO, Calif. - June 23, 2003 - Representing another significant milestone in its recreation management software business, RecWare - part of The Active Network - recently completed its 100th Safari installation at Sacramento County of Regional Parks, Recreation and Open Space. Of the 1,000 park and recreation agencies that have chosen RecWare, more than 100 agencies have now purchased the company's newest-generation software product, RecWare Safari, since its general release in 2000.
Safari, the company's flagship product, delivers one of the most technologically-advanced recreation management solutions with all functionality integrated into a single software application. Best known for its integrated design, which allows staff one-click access for every recreation management function, Safari also features client/server functionality so multiple sites can access and share the same data. A third-generation product, Safari was developed by the same core group of RecWare software engineers. Using Safari, large and smaller agencies can automate everything from activity registration and facility reservation to membership management, reporting, league scheduling and more. Safari also includes built-in Internet registration at no extra cost.
"Watching our customer base grow beyond 100 accounts is rewarding, but we're also very proud of the high level of success and satisfaction these organizations have achieved. Our newest software delivers such a wide array of benefits that our customers are referring to RecWare as an investment, not a cost," explained Duane Harlan, RecWare's founder and president. "The ultimate reward is knowing our customers are using RecWare to improve service to their communities."
Safari software is used by organizations in large cities such as Washington D.C.; Oakland, Calif.; Howard County, Md.; and Austin, Texas; and in smaller to medium-sized cities such as Bend, Ore.; White Bear Lake, Minn.; and Suffolk, Va. The city of Henderson, Nev., winner of the National Recreation and Park Association's National Gold Medal award and national leader in the park and recreation field, uses Safari to automate administration at its multiple park and recreation facilities. Using Safari, the city of Henderson reduced registration management workload and improved efficiency at one of its centers by almost 50 percent. Another Safari customer, the City of Yuma, Ariz., offers one of the largest adult softball leagues in the state and used Safari's league scheduler to automate scheduling. According to Yuma's adult sports supervisor, Safari reduced the scheduling process from five full days, plus weekends, to just 16 minutes. With Safari's ?on-the-fly' customization, schedules can be modified - due to game rain outs or other last minute changes - and the software will adjust the new information to stay within the schedule criteria.
Agencies can choose from a range of Safari product functions:
- Activity Registration - View and access activity details, create rosters and daily activity reports, manage instructors and financial data, enroll families in multiple activities and print the transactions on a single receipt.
- Hosted or Self-Hosted Internet Registration - Offer online registration to communities, choosing from easy hosted or self-hosted solutions.
- Facility Reservation - Browse and select facilities by location, type, activity number or keyword, and reserve single or multiple facilities in one session.
- Safari Standard Point of Sale (POS) - Use customizeable on-screen POS buttons. Accept drop-in fees, even while enrolling or registering another customer, without closing one window and opening another.
- Membership Management (or Sales) - Sell multiple membership packages for entire families. Track membership types, expiration dates, usage, member photos. Produce quality, customized membership cards. Control usage via barcode and magnetic access.
- League Scheduling - Generate schedules, while balancing location, time and individual team preferences in seconds. Integrated with activity registration and facility reservation to automatically reserve facilities and make teams and leagues available for enrollment.
- Financial reporting - Run user-defined reports to track payment methods, generate daily close-out reports by workstation, and track aggregate and individual financial totals. Interfaces with standard financial accounting software packages.
RecWare's products - RecWare Safari, Safari Hosted Internet Registration, RecNet and ProActive - offer a range of desktop and Web-based recreation management software solutions including hosted Internet registration options. For more information, visit www.recware.com, e-mail email@example.com, or call 1-888-732-9273.