SAN DIEGO, CA - February 21, 2006 - Class 6.0, the latest version of The Active Network's leading software solution for program, facility, membership and revenue management, is now available to community service organizations worldwide. Representing more than 6,000 product development hours and tested by 17 organizations, the 6.0 version offers new features and enhancements, including golf course management integration, wireless access for handheld devices, child care management, equipment lending tracking and automatic e-mail options, specifically targeted for organizations managing campus recreation, parks and recreation, golf course operations and YMCAs, YWCAs and JCCs.
Class software is designed to improve efficiency, customer service and accountability, helping organizations maximize participation in their community programs, activities and fundraising events. Known for its superior registration and reporting functionality, the Windows-based, desktop software helps staff automate program and activity registration, facility reservation, membership management, league/tournament scheduling, fundraising, reporting, and financial administration, among other daily administration. Using Class software, staff can also offer their communities in-person service as well as access to self-service options available via the Internet, kiosks and automated telephone to facilitate and increase participation in programs and activities.
The new release, Class 6.0, offers the following:
- Golf Course Integration - Organizations can now access a golf course management solution that integrates with their existing Class software so customer, revenue and all other data can be shared across their golf course and community service operations. Golf automation includes tee sheet management, Pro Shop operations, online and touch tone reservations, inventory, loyalty programs, member billing, accounts receivable, and more. Tightly integrated databases allow for improved insights into critical business operations and targeted membership and customer marketing capabilities across departmental silos.
- Child Care Management - Organizations can now track every child in their care, using a scanning system to scan children in and out of their courses, record and track attendance, arrival and departure times, sick days, medical information or alerts, or even charge early drop-off or late pick-up fees.
- Wireless Information Retrieval Using Handheld Devices - Organizations can now access their Class database using any Symbol Pocket PC handheld device. When mobility is key and setting up a computer isn't an option, the new Class @Hand feature provides a wireless connection in real-time, via a Symbol Pocket PC, for viewing class lists, league rosters and client details or scanning for membership validation.
- Tracking All Equipment Lending - Organizations can now capture key information about equipment loaned to clients, including towels and sports equipment. The new Class feature enables staff to scan equipment and track each piece by type or item number, restrict equipment lending to members only, limit the number loaned per individual or even charge for lost or damaged equipment.
- Dashboard Data Summary - Organizations can now see, at a glance, how they're performing through a new graphical interface that offers analytical views of their data to drive business decisions. The new Class dashboard summarizes and displays revenues, registrations, withdrawals, memberships and demographics.
- One Click E-Mail and Customer Calendar Integration - Organizations can now e-mail receipts, contracts and reports directly from the Class system to their customers in one click. Now there is no need to export and send from a separate e-mail tool. Customers can also request schedules to import into their personal calendar applications, such as Microsoft Outlook, to remind them of recurring activities they've registered for.
Additional program registration enhancements include:
- Pre-defined templates of instructor worksheets for Red Cross swimming courses now integrated with class rosters
- Internet and touch tone registration now available for the financial assistance program
- Accounting, cash and check handling workflows
Since its recent release, the following organizations have implemented Class 6.0:
- Chico Area Recreation and Park District - Chico, CA, USA
- City of Burnaby - Burnaby, BC, Canada
- City of Phoenix - Phoenix, AZ, USA
- City of Olympia - Olympia, WA, USA
- City of Rappahannock Area YMCA - Fredericksburg, VA, USA
- City of Sammamish - Sammamish, WA, USA
- City of West Covina - Covina, CA, USA
- City of Winona - Winona, MN, USA
- Humboldt State University - Humboldt, CA, USA
- Milwaukee Public Schools - Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Municipality of North Grenville - Grenville, ON, Canada
- Park City Racquet Club - Park City, UT, USA
- Peninsula JCC - Foster City, CA, USA
- Province of Nova Scotia - Nova Scotia, Canada
- Town of Tillsonburg - Tillsonburg, ON, Canada
- Township of Wellesley - Wellesley, ON, Canada
- University of San Francisco - San Francisco, CA, USA
Class software offers organizations automation for program and activity search, payment processing, activity management, customer service, roster management, facility reservation, facility search and management, facility reports, membership and pass management, marketing reporting and Internet registration. To request a software demo, e-mail email@example.com, visit www.ActiveCommunities.com or call 1-800-661-1196.
About The Active Network, Inc.
The Active Network, Inc., based in San Diego, Calif., provides application services technology and marketing access to community service organizations and is a leading online community for active lifestyles. The company's application services help organizations increase efficiency and reduce the cost and complexity of managing community activities and fundraising events, providing technology that automates information collection, activity registration, facility reservation, membership and fundraising management. The company offers marketing access through integrated marketing and consumer promotions that develop authentic relationships between brands and active consumers. Organizations can also access marketing services that promote community use of online services and municipal marketing partnerships that create new revenues and services for the public sector and build brand loyalty for marketers. Through its Web properties, www.Active.com, www.eteamz.com, and www.ActiveGolf.com, The Active Network provides consumer services and resources that support participation in healthy lifestyles. The Active Network serves organizations and participants in multiple markets throughout the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. For more information, please visit www.TheActiveNetwork.com or call 1-888-543-7223.
Shelly Burnside, The Active Network
firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-964-3813